Sunday, April 7, 2013

Brush hair, drink coffee, and be thankful.

Inspired by today's letters  and  One thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp I am attempting to pay a bit more attention and acknowledge things around me, and be thankful. Em (from today's letters) writes simple short "love letters" to things, days, people from her week. For me it's a way to remember the good things, when they are always so easily forgotten. There is so much good and beauty in the world, and a lot of times we are only reminded of the sad and bitter parts. Just a way to soften my heart.

dear husband, thank you for taking the car early and filling it up with gas before i had to work... it was a delightful surprise and got my Monday off to a good start, for cleaning the kitchen when i neglected it for days, and surprise planting me colorful daisies. You are so sweet and i love you more than gummy sweet tarts (and thats a whole lot!) dear monday, your warmth (that i was not expecting) the spontaneous cookout with friends and dogs, it makes me happy to be with friends! dear day off, not just coffee, dog park, finishing my spy thriller book, and the chance to clean my bathrooms, I NEEDED YOU! dear rooftop, that breeze, that view, those spaghetti and meatballs, doesn't get much better on a sunday, thanks M&K Perez for hosting. 



1 comment:

lisa cole said...

that's a cute idea.
and wow, planted daisies?!